I like it here. The buildings are big stone buildings, the trees are fall colored and the weather is gorgeous! I also realize that I miss going to school. Or I mean attend classes, spend time digging into fascinating books and enjoy inspiring university environments. Yesterday I got to spend the day with Chelsy. I think I have a pretty good picture of what her major is - Ag Teaching. Today I will go on a tour at the college of veterinary medicine and at the Johnson Center for Basic Cancer Research. Exciting! :)
The last couple of days a lot of things has happened. List of highlights:
Sunday
I was told about the state historic site at Ehmkes land and got to see american indian artifacts such as bison-bones, mammoth tooth and spear heads.
Monday
Lunch in Dighton for ladies attending an extension lesson. I helped L decorate one of the tables with a Halloween theme!
We went to visit J Pfortmiller the president of the IFYE association in Kansas. Had a lovely supper and got to tour around their Swine-farm.
Tuesday
Joining Ag Teaching classes at K-state, made me start thinking about how important is is to help teenagers find what they want to do in life.
Taking a tour around the Swedish town Olsburg. My hostfamilies swedish roots were explored and the cemetary was visited. There the names are Fagerberg, Holm, Anderson etc. Pa en sten fanns familjen Roundtree, undrar om det ar en oversattning. Fran Rundkvist kanske?
.

1 comment:
Jag tror definitivt att översättningen är korrekt =) jag menar varför inte...kanske det var Rönnkvist för om man är lite slarvig och skojig så kan det ju låta som Rundkvist och sedan översätter man liksom bara direkt och då blir det ju Roundbransch vilket inte flyter på så bra.
Så varför inte Roundtree =)
Snurra inte runt och bli för rund själv där borta i "Amerikat"...vi saknar dig här hemma och så ska du ju få se mitt och Jerrys kontor =)
Post a Comment