Having spent the last weekend with coach Shanda and her team at a horse show I believe the equine sports in Sweden would benefit from copying the concept of this very horse show. Essentially I feel that this would help us to ensure that the riders position is the primary consideration when schooling riders and that that the collection and "shape" (?) of the horse is secondary and should only be considered at higher levels of riding. Let me explain; my experience is that all equine shows in Sweden are focused on the horse, not the rider. The tool to achieve focus on the rider is to draw which horse each rider will ride, the same day as the show happens. What can I say. I like it!
What other thoughts are dancing in my mind? Well, regarding horses, among other things:
- I still have very clear memories from my first controlled canter departure. Outside arena at Bollerup. Giesela. Bayonne. Hands proudly held high, outer leg further back, weight on the outside sitting-bone, relaxing the inner leg and hip and rein.
- I will have to take western riding classes when I get home. My mind is aching from curiosity on how to ride them western horses :)
- Improve my equine english: Check! I am learning new words including school master, canter, cue, walk, reverse at the lope. Watching Shanda teach her classes is very fruitful for me.
- I am introduced to new concepts including: horsemanship, showmanship, ride patterns, reining.
- I have to figure out a way to describe the horse rase Svenskt Halvblood. That is the horse I have been riding the most. And when people ask what kind of horses I ride, it would be good to be able to aswer with something else than. Eeeh. Uhm. We call it Swedish Half-bloods...
Welcome to have a look at horse pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Emma.Hedin/Kansas12?authkey=Gv1sRgCKisxanbgteNYQ#
.

1 comment:
Ha ha! Swedish Half-Blood. Something the Swedish Democrats wouldn't like? Ha ha!
Kan väl vara bra att lära sig nåt bättre uttryck kanske.
Post a Comment