Tjuvläsare!

Varning, oigenomtänkta uttalanden kan förekomma på denna blogg. Men eftersom det är min dagbok och du bara är tjuvläsare ligger ansvaret på dig att läsa med förnuft. :)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Karaoke 2.0

The presentation is done. The thesis is done.

Now its just some packing and cleaning that needs to be done. You see, we are leaving Perth tomorrow. Gah! Just can’t stand all the goodbyes. Had a really good time at Tings place yesterday though. Karaoke really puts me in a good mood. It can’t be explained. It is just a good feeling to sit around with a bunch of nice people and focus on noting else but the lyrics and melody to a song you have head hundreds of times but don’t know by heart.

Other keywords to explain the evening were:
Champagne
Banana tree
Good food (!!!!)
Fruit

We also squeezed in some discussions about similarities between languages. This lead to that I have to do more research on the word “Etter” (that is the way I would spell it any way). I know two expressions in my dialect of Swedish that contains that word: “Etter sett” and “Etter värre”. I cant translate them or explain what they mean or even put them in a context since they are not words of my own vocabulary. I have only heard other people say them. A similar word is used in South Africa (in the language they have built from German and Dutch –don’t know what it is called), and I got the impression that it could be the same word.

Tål att tänkas på! :)

No comments: