Tjuvläsare!

Varning, oigenomtänkta uttalanden kan förekomma på denna blogg. Men eftersom det är min dagbok och du bara är tjuvläsare ligger ansvaret på dig att läsa med förnuft. :)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kansas - Last blogpost

Because of lack of time to sit in front of a computer I am today posting the text intended to be shown to the public on my very last day in Kansas.

Farewell
Auf Wiedersehen

The time has come to say goodbye to my new love - the Kansans.

I am leaving the state of Kansas tomorrow. I am going back home to the kingdom of Sweden.

To the snow, the darkness and the well-known forests.

And to my family.


It turns out my understanding for american songs have increased tremendously during my stay in the U.S. After having played with a measuring tape I got an idea of how long the "6 foot 6 tall" man is that Johnny Cash sings about. I can also relate to the sad song about the travelling soldier by Dixie Chichs after having met people with relatives serving in a war abroad. Of course the frase "peppered my tailgate" in the song "What was I thinking" also makes more sense after having lived around pick-ups for three months. Finally the "Mile marker 2003" that in mentioned in the song "I'd sure hate to break down here" is now easily visualised after miles of roadtrips on american interstates.

There you go, it seems like I have experiences a good piece of Kansas culture.

I have also...

... Had macaroni and cheese
... Seen a cemetary with more Swedish names than in Sweden.
... Seen a man-made lake like the one in "Oh brother where art thou".¨
... Celebrated thanksgiving.
... Had a peanut and jelly sandwich.
... Understood the differences between 4H in Sweden and Kansas.

Mission accomplished.

I am coming home.

.

2 comments:

Frida said...

Ja det verkar som om du hunnit med en hel del! Hoppas du får lite tid att vila ut och umgås med familjen nu innan vardagen sätter igång. Ha det bra! Stora kramar

Maria Eklund said...

Jag blir helt rörd Emma! jag börjar nästan gråta! FAN VAD BRA VI HAR HAFT DET!!!! Kram!
Maria Eklund