Tjuvläsare!

Varning, oigenomtänkta uttalanden kan förekomma på denna blogg. Men eftersom det är min dagbok och du bara är tjuvläsare ligger ansvaret på dig att läsa med förnuft. :)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kansas - Bedtime stories

It is almost midnight this Saturday evening. I am heading to bed. The thanksgiving holiday late nights are catching up on me. First I would like to tell you some highlights from the last couple of days, they will be my bedtime stories to the cyberspace.

Friday - Hamburger and sweet potatoe fries!

Friday - I shadow the Bieberlys on their pub crawl (pub runda). We had a good time, I got to experience Salina by night :). I was a bit tired and the music was loud so walking into the second pub was something of an energizing surprise - There it is the beautiful voice of Carola "Oh Mickey att du inte fattar vad du far, jag vill att du skall stanna varenda gang du gar...". Fast pa engelska forstass. [Oh Mickey, what I do you don't understand, you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand]

Saturday - I learn two more exciting games, one including 5 dices and a cup per player. And one including poker chips, a deck of cards and Texas hold'em rules. Yes you heard me correct, I have finally learned to play poker.

Saturday - I show some photos to the family and get questions and comments that make me understand once again why I am doing this trip. -To learn from meeting new people. "What is the deal with the Dala horse", "Do you have a king in Sweden", "It is similar to Minnesota", "It looks like a movie" (that is usually something I say about experiences here in the U.S.), "How much snow do you get", "Do you have Christmas trees", "Do people burn their hair at the Lucia festival". Of course it almost always cracks people up when I answer yes, there is a man with a bucket of water on the front row. And naturally I start thinking that you don't realize how crazy some traditions are until you look at them with a strangers eyes.

BTW, I look forward to writing a farewell note to Kansas before leaving the states in two weeks. I started to compose it in my head the first week of my visit.

.

No comments: