Tjuvläsare!

Varning, oigenomtänkta uttalanden kan förekomma på denna blogg. Men eftersom det är min dagbok och du bara är tjuvläsare ligger ansvaret på dig att läsa med förnuft. :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kansas - Thanksgiving

Well, how about that. I have celebrated my first thanksgiving! And what a celebration. My hostfamily had a large family gathering. We ate a lot of food - turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, corn etc. And the day before I "helped" making pies that we had for dessert. Pumpkin pie, cherry pie and lemon merengue pie. Mums! :)

I was basically completely full the entire day, which was correct I was told. Still my hostdad kept worrying about whether they are feeding me enough. Hehe. Anyway, I really liked the pumpkin pie. It has pumpkin pie spice in it (Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves), so it reminded me of christmas!

After dinner we played a game. We teamed up in pairs and then put pieces of paper with words (nouns) in a bowl then you had to describe the word to your partner first round with other words, second round by acting out and third round by only using one single word (a synomyn, opposite or something like that). The words were put back into the bowl after each round so you should try to remember which words are in there to make it easier (and even possible to do the third round). So much fun! The hardest part for me was to describe the word with only one word, one of the reasons may be that in swedish you can make long words by just stacking them after each other. You can not do that in english... :) Of course it was a bit hard to do the game when I did not know the meaning of the words either. Hihi.

Thanksgiving day, yesterday, was really cold. Below freezing during the night. But today it is nice again. Not that the cold bothers me though, my hostmom has kindly lent me a really warm jacket.

That is all for now. Oh no, that is right. Today is black friday. It is a big shopping day. This afternoon I did some shopping as well. I bought american measuring cups. Brilliant! Now I dont have to convert all the recipes when I come home! I am such a smart person. "klapp klapp pa min egen axel"

.

No comments: