Tjuvläsare!

Varning, oigenomtänkta uttalanden kan förekomma på denna blogg. Men eftersom det är min dagbok och du bara är tjuvläsare ligger ansvaret på dig att läsa med förnuft. :)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nightmares

I still experience nightmares that my brain constructs after having heard news about bad weather in Kansas and surrounding states. I realise I worry about the people I met during my IFYE-time.

Just recently there were posts on facebook about a storm passing the "svensktrakter" in Kansas.

http://www.saljournal.com/news/story/twisters-in-Niles

In the text they mention the towns Falun and Smolan. And the bigger town Salina.

Where parts of my IFYE-adventure took place.

....
Homes hit in Niles, Smolan

4/14/2012
Tim Unruh



Two tornadoes touched down after 7 p.m. in Niles east of Salina, said Joe Koch, director of Saline County Emergency Management.
Earlier, a home sustained light to moderate damage in Smolan south of Salina.
The occupants of both homes have been accounted for and there are no injuries.
While Salina has some debris, including one tree that was uprooted by the storm, Koch said the city was fortunate. A caller reported that the roof at Lowe's home improvement store in south Salina, was lifted, and there was debris.
"I believe we provided exceptional early warnings for folks," Koch said. "Kudos to the responders."
Near Falun, four outbuildings were destroyed at the home of Dan and Gay Carlson. The house was not really damaged.
...

.

No comments: